The Sacred Heart of Jesus in the vastness of the Pacific.
The Kingdom of Hawaii witnessed the first signs of the Divine Heart of Jesus in 1827 by the Picpus Fathers, the Congregation of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary, founded by Fr Pierre Coudrin during the French Revolution.
Since then a tremendous missionary work has been carried out by the Fathers bringing the Catholic faith to countless souls; teams of missionaries settled in the various Pacific islands to spread the Gospel.
The Congregation established the Diocese of Honolulu and built the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace, oldest cathedral in use in the United States.
In Micronesia the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) of Blessed Jules Chevalier put down roots in Kiribati and the Marshall Islands in 1888, then spreading to Papua and New Britain.